Would you like to help us develop support that works for you?
Over the last 7 months, we have been working on an exciting new project, funded by Comic Relief, looking at the needs and experiences of women* 55 and over, across the South West of England, who have experienced sexual violence.
Working with our sister centres, The Women’s Centre Cornwall, Devon Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Services and Gloucestershire Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre, we aim to identify and reduce barriers to specialist support for these women by:
- conducting a survey for women 55 and over across the South West
- seeking input from women 55 and over through focus groups
- creating support and information resources for women 55 and over
- raising awareness of the issue and myths surrounding sexual violence related to women 55 and over
- collaborating and creating ongoing relationships with aged care services to provide clear pathways of support for women 55 and over who have experienced sexual violence.
How can you get involved?
We are looking for women survivors, aged 55 and over, to come to a focus group in central Bristol next week.
The group will be an informal and friendly discussion group. You will be asked to share your ideas and feedback on support posters and leaflets and how services can be developed to work for you. You will not be asked to talk about your own experiences of sexual violence.
The group is on Wednesday 20th November 2019 1:30pm – 3:30pm in central Bristol.
We will cover travel expenses and a buffet lunch will be provided. The building is fully accessible.
If you would like to take part in the group, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Bristol office on 0117 929 9556.