I stand with the 1 in 5
Let’s take a stand in Avon & Somerset against sexual violence.
61 women over the age of 16 are raped or seriously sexually assaulted every week in our area. This is 1 in 5 women and even 1 is too many!
More people are coming forward and reaching out for support than ever before and we have seen an increase of referrals each year. At present we have over 100 women waiting for counselling or specialist support.
The 1 in 5 campaign needs your help.
We can all help show these women we stand alongside them and against sexual violence.
You can help by:
Donating online or making a donation by text!
Get involved in fundraising for us
From simply wearing one of our stickers to organising a large scale event, there are lots of way you can help. Here are a few more ideas:
- Ask your local school to put on sexual consent workshops
- Like us on facebook or follow us on twitter
- Share our campaigns
- Donate your time as a volunteer
- Become a friend of SARSAS to spread the message that sexual violence is not tolerated. Contact us for more information.
- Learn about sexual violence – read our myths and facts page
- Take part in a reclaim the night march or organise one in your town
For more information and ideas to fundraise for SARSAS, please ask us for a Fundraising Pack.
There is support out there for people who speak out
The Ministry of Justice Report
More people are coming forward and reaching out for support than ever before and we have seen an increase of referrals each year.
SARSAS have over 100 women waiting for counselling or specialist support
SARSAS are members of Rape Crisis England and Wales. At the end of March 2016 there were over 4,000 service users waiting for a service from a rape crisis centre across England and Wales.
Want to talk?
Women and girls
0808 801 0456
Men and boys
0808 801 0464
Monday 11.00am – 2.00pm
Tuesday 6.00pm – 8:30pm